Sunday, November 2

Day 2 - Poinsettias

Of all the flowers and foliage used at Christmastime, my absolute favourite is the poinsettia.  They look fabulous on Christmas cards and as decorations around the house, and they don't always have to be coloured in the traditional red and green that is familiar to most of us.  I've seen them done in shades of pink and yellow and even purple and blue! 
 
 
YOUR TURN: Create a Christmas card or project using a poinsettia image.
Upload your creation here.

14 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love poinsettias! Yours are beautiful! Wonderful sentiment too!

cass said...

Beautiful card, love the shades of red you have used

Granmargaret said...

Beautiful card. I also love poinsettias.

Teresa said...

Pretty card!

ursula Uphof said...

That is such a pretty card, and I also love poinsettias. Will be getting some lovely potted ones this year for my new home. Thanks for the lovely month of inspiration. hugs, Ursula

Carol Ric said...

Beautiful card!

Tieva-Design said...

Pointsettias are for me the flowers of christmas. When I see them in the shps, I know, it´s christmastime!
Gabi

Sammy said...

Oh your month of holiday cards challenge was so much fun last year! I'll definitely try to play along again this time!
And such a stunning card too. I love poinsettias and this is just perfect!

Dorothy S said...

What fabulous coloring! This certainly reminds me of Christmas but it also reminds me of traveling in countries with poinsettia trees - not sure if they are really trees or just tall bushes - but they are gorgeous.

Donna said...

Beautiful card. I love the sentiment as the focal point but those poinsettias are really eye catching!

karin said...

Love your card with the Poinsetta's on it. They are THE Christmas flowers !

crafty said...

Love the sentiment and the poinsettias set it off

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...