Monday, November 3

Day 3 - Easel Cards

An easel card is a great choice when you want to create a beautiful project that can be displayed as part of your Christmas decorating.  One of the great things about these cards is that they fold up as flat as an ordinary card for normal postage... plus they're quite simple to make and can be adapted to different sizes and shapes.
I started by die cutting a shaped card with Quickutz Nesting Frame 9, which formed my easel base, then added more die cuts, some embossing and a stamped sentiment to complete my project.
 

 
YOUR TURN:  Create an easel card.
Upload your creation here.
 
You can find a tutorial for a basic easel card here.

13 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh this is super pretty! I can't seem to do white on white to save my life, but it is so very elegant, and perfect for Christmas. Love it!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love your white-on-white easel! The little pop of gold is perfect! Note to self: Make more easel cards! They look so gorgeous on display, and like you said, they fold up for regular postage! Thank you for the inspiration!

Teresa said...

How pretty! Love that they can be set with regular postage!

Sue said...

This is stunning Beccy, such an elegant design. I love the added snowflakes.
Sue xx

Glennis F said...

I love white on white - this is perfect!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous easel card...love the 'lace' tree....it all looks very delicate!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

Beccy, this is so pretty! I love the shape. I've never seen that shape, especially for an easel card! And I love the white on white.

Rita said...

The white lace work is beautiful, white Christmas.

karin said...

What a lovely shape you've used for this Easel Card Beccy. And I love it all in the white colour !

Dorothy S said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration. I have never made an easel card, but your comment about using it as decoration gave me an idea. Our oldest grandchild just got married this summer. Now I want to try to make a similar card as a combo card/gift for them - and for each of the other grandkids as well. Hopefully that will give them a lasting memento from their grandparents.

Gail said...

Oh Beccy - this is the most elegant easel card I have ever viewed - thanks for showing this lovely card - have a blessed day!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

This is a beautiful white on white Christmas card.

cardchick's world said...

Beautifully done!!!! I luv white on white...so elegant!!